During your business’ life cycle, there may come a time when you need to resolve a dispute, be it with a creditor, debtor or someone completely unexpected. Dispute resolution, and the possible litigation that follows, can be a long and complex process. So, it pays to have a strong legal team on your side.
This is where we can help. Our experienced litigation team can advise you throughout the dispute resolution and litigation process.
We will support you every step of the way to help you achieve the optimal outcome for your business.
Our Offer to You
Represent claimants and defendants – We give you tailored legal advice that meets your specific commercial needs, regardless of whether you’re seeking to bring or defend a claim.
Jargon-free, clear communication – The last thing you want is unnecessary legal jargon, muddying the already complex litigation process. We avoid this by communicating with you in clear, plain English to ensure you understand the entire process.
Value for money – We will always discuss our fees with you in advance, with no hidden surprises. Be aware that your fees will depend on the specific value and complexity of your case. There may be the need for preparation and attendance at Application hearings (not the trial itself), in which you may incur further fees then originally quoted but we will ensure that you are aware of the costs should the same arise.
We work closely with each client at every stage of the dispute resolution and litigation process.
For Claimants, our services include:
- Complying with the Pre-action protocols, including drafting a Letter of Claim and advising on Alternative Dispute Resolution at an early stage (see details below).
- Drafting and filing Particulars of Claim (details of your claim).
- Applying for Judgement in Default (If a Defendant fails respond to your claim within requisite time period).
- Ensuring compliance with Court Orders and filing direction questionnaires.
- Instructing Counsel (independent barrister/s) on your behalf, if your claim is contested, and we need to attend hearings/barrister advice .
- Instructing third parties to enforce Judgements.
For Defendants, our services include:
- Drafting and sending a Letter of Response (your response to the claim against you).
- Advising on Alternative Dispute Resolutions (see details below).
- Filing required documentation including the Acknowledgement of Service.
- Complying with Court directions and filing direction questionnaires.
- Instructing Counsel (independent barrister/s) on your behalf if needed.
- Acting to enforce, appeal judgements, or setting aside judgements.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
We recommend litigation as a last resort for clients, because it is usually a time-consuming and costly process. Therefore, we will explore other methods to settle a dispute using alternative dispute resolution (ADR), such as mediation and arbitration. We will identify the best option for you and advise you on how to proceed. However, the final decision about which resolution method you use is yours – whatever you decide we will support you throughout the process; and advise you on the merits of the chosen route.
Please note, the above information isn’t exhaustive and should not be taken in place of legal advice. The specific services you require and associated costs will depend on the nature of your case. Find out more about our debt recovery costs here.
If you would like help in recovering a debt owed to you or defending against a claim, please contact us to speak to our litigation team today.