Welcome to Goldstein Legal
Goldstein Legal is a leading commercial and franchising law firm based in Windsor in the South East of England. Established in 2006, we combine expert legal advice with a friendly approach for small and medium-sized business.
Goldstein Legal was founded by Roz Goldstein. Roz has a wealth of experience in operating at a senior level for large multinationals and a track record of delivering straightforward, cost-effective solutions to meet the needs of her clients.
At Goldstein Legal we specialise in:
- Business and Commercial law
- FranchisingÂ – advice for franchisors
- Franchise agreement review
- Franchise contract review
- Creating tailor-made Franchise Agreements for clients looking to franchise their business
- Franchising – advice for franchisees
- Franchise Agreement for clients buying a franchise
- Employment law – for employers
- Employment law – for employees
- Commercial Property
- Brand Licensing and Intellectual Property
â€śAt Goldstein legal we offer our clients the kind of cutting-edge legal expertise that they expect from top commercial lawyers. What makes us different is that we handle every case with the care and attention we’d employ if we were doing the work for ourselves.Â We think it’s this personal approach that really helps to take the stress out of important commercial legal transactions. To see how we can help your business, phone us for a no-fee initial consultation onÂ 01753 865165Â orÂ email us here.”
Roz Goldstein, Founder, Goldstein Legal
Franchising â€“ The Inside Track
We are an affiliated member of the British Franchise Association, which means you can relax in the knowledge that we understand the requirements and expectations of the BFA, and that we have the expertise and experience in franchising required to support your business.
If you are considering expanding your business throughÂ franchising:
- Our franchisingÂ lawyers expert insight into what makes a successful, growing enterprise work in the franchise sector means we are perfectly placed to offer support and advice.Â Our franchise consultancy service can help you decide whether franchising is right for your business and take you step by step through other optionsÂ such as brand licensing and product distribution.
- IfÂ you decide that franchising is the best way forward for your business, ourÂ consultants can offer advice and support to guide you through every part of the process, including: market analysis, forecasts and budgets,and project management. We can also adviseÂ you on marketing and franchisee recruitment.
- Once youâ€™re ready to launch, our experiencedÂ legal team can produce a franchise agreement which is tailor-made for your business, and written in plain, accessible, jargon-free English.
- You can rest assured that your franchise contract will be in a form that works for you, protects your interests, and will be a useful tool as you build your business.
For established franchisors:
- We provide legal support in all aspects of your business, helping you to ensure its long-term health.Â This can include drafting and negotiating master franchise agreements, amending and advising on existing franchise agreements; and advising and assisting with franchisee disputes and franchise agreement terminations
- We frequently act for franchisors who are expanding overseas, creating franchise agreements for international markets
For people who are thinking about becoming a franchisee:
- For a fixed price we will provide an easy-to-follow report on your franchise with all the key terms summarised andÂ any â€śproblemâ€ť areas clearly highlighted
For existing franchisees who are experiencing problems:
- We have a proven track-record of supporting clients who have fallen out with their franchisor, frequently negotiating an exit which relieves the client of any further liabilities under their franchise agreement.
Visit theÂ franchisingÂ page for more information,Â email us here; or give us a call onÂ 01753 865165.
Business Law â€“ without the jargon
At Goldstein Legal our specialist knowledge of commercial law meansÂ we are well-placed to support you on almost all legal issues relating to your business.Â OurÂ commercial lawyersÂ have years of experience in drafting commercial agreements, including business sale and purchase agreements, contracts with suppliers and customer terms and conditions.
For new start-ups, we can help you with shareholder agreements and partnership agreements.
When it comes to drafting the documents, contracts and terms and conditions, our ability to write in easy-to-read plain English means you can get on with running your business without worrying about what the wording of your agreements actually means.
For advice on designing and negotiating commercial agreements to advising clients on consumer law issues, call today to set up your no-fee initial consultation onÂ 01753 865165, click here for more information; orÂ email us here.
The seemingly never-ending stream of UK and EU employment legislation can be a real challenge for employers.
Goldstein Legal commercial lawyers can help steer you through theÂ employment lawÂ minefield, compromise agreements, advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures, sickness absence, parental leave, discrimination, and all other hot topics.
We can ensure that you have the right contracts and terms in place for the right people.
We regularly assist employers facing Employment Tribunal claims.
Our expert employment lawyers can advise you on your legal rights, and help you to resolve disputes with your employer on the best possible terms, whether through compromise agreements, negotiation, or through bringing an Employment Tribunal claim.
Goldstein Legal and Commercial Property Transactions â€“ a Quick Guide:
Why is property so important to business?
For many businesses, their commercial property is their single biggest asset.Â It can also be their largest liability.Â Timescales are often critical and, if it is not managed effectively, a property transaction can be a stressful and expensive experience.
How can Goldstein Legal Help?
Goldstein Legal commercial lawyers is experienced in representing landlords and tenants in commercial property transactions, particularly in the retail and restaurant sectors.
We understand the importance of concluding each transaction as promptly and cost-effectively as possible.Â Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, our friendly, responsive, jargon-free approach to negotiation ensures you’re kept up to date at every stage of the process. Our focus is on making sure that all the crucial documentation protects your interests, leaving you free to run your business without worrying about the lease on your premises.
How can I find out more?
Call today to set up your no-fee initial consultation onÂ 01753 865165, click here for more information; orÂ email us here.
Trademark Quality from Goldstein Legal
With so many companies competing for market-share, building a competitive brand is crucial to your success.Â In order to keep customer-loyalty and generate brand value, a strong, consistent presence is essential.
Many businesses mistakenly assume that registering a domain name will protect their trademark.Â Unfortunately this is not the case.Â In a worst case, this can leave you having to change your business name in the face of a trade mark infringement action.
At Goldstein Legal we have specialist expertise in intellectual property.Â Â Our experienced commercial lawyers can advise you on trade marks, copyright and other forms of intellectual property, meaning you can get on with building your market presence in complete confidence.
As well as trademark cases, we regularly support clients who are developing their business through licensing.Â For many businesses, licensing can be a suitable alternative toÂ franchisingÂ and we are well-positioned to advise you on the best route to take.
Whether you are a new or established business, we are happy to advise you. For the first step towards making sure your brand is protected, phone us for a no-fee initial consultation onÂ 01753 865165, visit our Brand-Licensing page; orÂ send us an e-mail.